Easter is the perfect time to get the family together and celebrate and we have all the things you need to get prepared to host. When it comes to eating together and sharing a meal with family, you can’t go past a big lamb roast. Our friend and credible cook Justine Schofield has the perfect recipe that she has kindly shared below. We have also included some perfect roasting and serving product so that you can recreate this at home!
Lamb is a very traditional dish that Justine and her family have on Easter Sunday.
Justine’s Easter Lamb Shoulder
- Olive oil, to fry
- 1.5-2kg lamb shoulder bone-in, shank detached
- 1 tbs. of good quality smoked paprika
- 1 tbs. all spice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 bulbs of garlic cut in half
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tomato, roughly chopped
- 200ml port
- 500ml red wine
- 1.5-2L stock, lamb, chicken or beef
- 1. Mix the oil and spices together. Massage into the meat.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 150C.
- 3. Sear each shoulder on both sides in large pan until golden brown.
- 4. Remove and place in a large deep tray.
- 5. Sauté the onions, carrot and celery until golden brown.
Place into the same tray as the meat along with garlic and herbs.
- 6. In the pan add the port and then the wine and boil for 5-10 minutes.
- 7. Pour over the lamb and then submerge in the stock.
- 8. Cover tightly with baking paper and 2 layers of foil. Roast in the oven for
3 1/2 – 4 hours or until the meat is very soft and pulls away from the bone.
- 9. Strain the liquid into medium to large pot and reduce 15-20 minutes
or until the sauce thickens and a concentrated sauce forms.
Try some of these products below to bring
this recipe to the table!
This roaster is perfect for your lamb.With a hard-anodised surface for cooking, dishwasher safe and thermo-spot technology, it will give you perfect results each time.
This twist serving ware if perfect for your roast potatoes or veggies.
Measure accurately and pour ingredients quickly with these Pyrex Measuring Jugs.Available in 250mL, 500mL, 1L and 1.9L.